Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Shoes For Johnny memories

Recently I ran into Kevin Regan and Joel Rickenbach at the Colonial Theater screening of Poltergeist. I haven't seen Kevin in a long time and he brought up something that I hadn't thought about in years. A long time ago me and Kevin started working out ideas for a project called Shoes For Johnny. It came about when I needed new shoes for an office job I got, Kevin gave me shoes cause I was broke. My version of the film was gonna be like Freaked, it had stop motion monsters and all kinds of whacky stuff. Kevin and Joel wrote a version of the script that was more set in this world, and it was a happy (sorta) love story. Kevin asked me to do clown make up in the film and I jumped at the chance. I wanted to do a greaser clown with plastic looking hair like the two greasers from the old MTV commercials. I think the two characters were in Dog Boy from Liquid Television. So as the story goes, I blew off a trip to Hawaii with my family to make this clown make up. For me that was normal (not Hawaii in general, just skipping family vacations.....even though my parents saved for years for that trip), I blew off a lot to do art stuff, I'd rather make fun stuff, who wants to go to hawaii anyway?





No comments:

Post a Comment